Prep Time: inutes
Cook Time: inutes
Total Time: inutes
- 1 Pkg Seasoned Ground Chicken Tacos de México
- 2 TB Olive oil
- 1 large Yellow onion, chopped
- 1 cup, Russet potato, peeled, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 cup Chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup Frozen peas
- 1/2 cup Shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 large Egg, beaten
- 2 10-oz packages Frozen empanada dough for turnover pastries (like Goya)
- 1/4 cup Fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup Guacamole
- 1/2 Red onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup Sour cream
- NOTE: Don't forget to check out our Cooking Blog for step by step directions on how to make them!
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line 2 rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook, stirring occasionally until well-browned, about 5-8 minutes.
- Remove frozen pastry rounds from freezer and allow to temper on countertop. Leave plastic dividers between layers.
- Add onions, potatoes and peppers to chicken and cook until slightly softened, about 7-10 minutes. Add peas and remove from heat. Allow to cool 5 minutes, then stir in cheese to combine.
- One at a time, take a pastry round with plastic divider and place on a work surface. Place 2-3 tablespoons chicken mixture in center of dough round. Brush edge of round with egg. Using plastic base, fold pastry in half. Discard plastic and crimp edges with a fork. Transfer filled pastries to prepared baking sheets 1-inch apart. Brush tops with egg.
- Bake, rotating the baking sheet halfway through, until golden-brown, about 25-35 minutes. Serve hot with guacamole, red onion and sour cream.