Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup
The prep for this zesty Mexican-inspired dish comes together in five minutes flat, and then it simply needs a few hours to simmer away in the slow cooker. The combination of tender chicken breast, corn, beans and green chilies is elevated with peppery enchilada sauce, to create a cozy homestyle soup that’s delicious for dinner, and makes great leftovers, too!
- 2 pkgs Bell & Evans Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast
- 32 oz Chicken broth, low sodium
- 1½ Cups Enchilada sauce
- 1 Onion, diced
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 14 oz Canned diced tomatoes
- 15 oz Canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups Corn, frozen
- 7 oz Diced green chiles
- 1 tsp Ground cumin
- 1 tsp Salt
- 8 oz Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Add all ingredients, except for cheddar cheese, to a slow cooker.
- Cook on LOW heat for 6-8 hours, or HIGH heat 4-5 hours.
- Once tender enough to shred, remove the chicken from the crockpot. Allow to cool slightly, then shred using two forks.
- Return shredded chicken to soup. Add cheese, stir, and allow the cheese to melt for about 5 minutes. Serve hot.