Easy Slow-Cooker Dog Food
Your furry friends deserve delicious food made with real ingredients! Making your own dog food might seem like a time-consuming task, but with the use of a slow cooker, it’s actually as easy as can be. High-quality chicken parts from Bell & Evans, like Chicken Gizzards, roughly chopped, and ground chicken provide the nutrition your pup needs, with chicken flavor they will love!
- 1 Pkg Bell & Evans Chicken Gizzards, roughly chopped, or 1 Pkg Bell & Evans Chicken Livers
- 2 lb Bell & Evans Organic Ground Chicken
- 1 lb Bell & Evans Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 cups Water
- 1 (15.5-oz) can Kidney beans
- 2 large Sweet potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 large Carrots, cut into 1/2-inch rounds
- 2 Granny Smith apples, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- Mix gizzards, ground breast meat, thighs, water, beans, sweet potatoes and carrots together in a 8-quart slow cooker until combined. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours, or low for 8 hours until chicken is fully cooked.
- Break ground breast meat up into small crumbles with a wooden spoon. Stir in apples and let cool to room temperature, about 30 minutes. Transfer to an airtight container or resealable plastic bag and keep refrigerated or frozen up to 2 weeks until ready to serve.
To use as a Topper for Kibble
- Use only 1 Sweet Potato, 1 Apple and 3 lb. of protein, but use 8 cups of water.