Taco Seasoned Chicken Chili with Beans
A bowl of chili is always hearty and warming. Using a multi-cooker or slow cooker makes it a snap to serve up this classic comfort-food recipe on even your busiest weeknight. And, our Taco Seasoned Ground Chicken gives this version both zingy spice and a depth of flavor chili lovers will adore.
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 Lb Bell & Evans Taco Seasoned Ground Chicken
- 1 Large onion, chopped
- 1 Green bell pepper, diced
- 1 Red bell pepper, diced
- 1 Small Jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 Large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 T Chili powder
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Minced fresh oregano
- 1 tsp Ground coriander
- 1 28-oz Can Diced tomatoes
- 2 T Tomato paste
- 1 15-oz Can Red kidney beans with their juice
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- OPTIONAL: Diced avocado, chopped cilantro, diced red onion, sour cream, and/or shredded Monterey Jack or Cheddar, for serving
- Select the Sauté setting on the multi-cooker and heat the oil. Add the ground chicken and cook, using a wooden spoon to break the meat into pieces as it browns, about 8 minutes. Add the onion, bell peppers, jalapeno, garlic, chili powder, cumin, oregano, and coriander and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is tender and translucent, about 5 more minutes. (If using a slow cooker, simply sauté the ingredients in a large skillet on the stovetop, then transfer to your slow cooker and proceed as below).
- Stir in the tomatoes and tomato paste and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- If using a multi-cooker, switch to the Slow Cooker setting. Cover and cook on low about 5.5 hours.
- After about 5.5 hours, stir in beans with their juice and cook 30 more minutes, or until beans are heated through and chili has thickened.
- Serve topped with avocado, cilantro, diced onions, sour cream, and/or cheese, if desired.