Taco-Seasoned Chicken & 3-Cheese Queso Dip
We’ve kicked queso dip up a notch with three different kinds of cheese, spicy chipotles, and our zesty Taco Seasoned Ground Chicken. Cream cheese makes this dip unbelievably creamy, too – as well as allowing it to reheat smoothly over a low flame. Scoop it up with tortilla chips, drizzle into tacos, stir it into warm pasta for Tex-Mex mac-and-cheese – the possibilities are almost endless!
- 2 T plus 2 tsps olive oil, divided
- 1 lb Bell & Evans taco-seasoned ground chicken
- 1/2 Cup Chopped onion
- 1 Cup plus 2 T Whipping cream
- 1 8-ounce pkg Cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 Cup (packed) Freshly shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 Cup (packed) Freshly grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 T Mexican-style lager, such as Modelo, Tecate, or Corona
- 2 T Finely chopped chipotle chilis in adobe (from 1 7-oz can)
- ¼ Cup Diced red onion
- 1 Small Jalapeno, seeded and minced
- ¼ Cup Crumbled Cotija or queso fresco
- Tortilla chips, for serving
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the ground chicken and sauté, breaking it up into small crumbles with a wooden spoon as it cooks, until cooked through and beginning to brown, about 8 minutes. Remove from heat, and set aside ¼ cup of cooked meat for topping.
- Heat remaining 2 teaspoons oil in a small cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add onion; sauté until tender and translucent, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low.
- Add cream, cream cheese, Cheddar, and Monterey Jack. Whisk until smooth, about 3 minutes. Whisk in beer, if using, and cook for another 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper. (Can be made one day ahead; cover and refrigerate. Whisk queso for about 5 minutes over medium heat, until melted and smooth, before continuing).
- Stir in chopped chipotles and remaining cooked ground chicken. Remove from heat.
- Sprinkle queso with reserved cooked chicken, diced red onion, minced jalapeno, and crumbled Cotija. Serve warm with tortilla chips.