Spring Chicken and Vegetable Soup
Prep Time: inutes
Cook Time: inutes
Total Time: inutes
This bright & brothy soup is packed full of seasonal veggies, tender chicken, fresh herbs & lemon. Simple, healthy & absolutely refreshing. Who says you can’t eat soup all summer long?
- 2 Bell & Evans Bone-in Split Chicken Breasts
- 8 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1 Bunch Asparagus ends trimmed & cut on the diagonal into ¼ inch slices
- 1 ½ Cups Frozen Petite Green Peas
- ½ Cup Fresh Flat Leaf Parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 T Fresh Thyme leaves only, finely chopped
- 1 T Fresh Chives, finely chopped
- 1 Lemon, zested & juiced + 1 Lemon, cut into wedges for serving (optional)
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- In a large stock pot combine chicken breasts and chicken broth.
- Bring to a low simmer. Cover & cook for approximately 30-40 minutes until chicken is thoroughly cooked to an internal of 170°F as measured by a meat thermometer. Once cooked, remove chicken from broth and allow to cool. Once cooled, remove skin and pull meat from the bone into large pieces.
- To the stock pot add asparagus and green peas. Cook al dente for about 5 minutes making sure not to overcook. You want to maintain texture and color in the vegetables.
- Remove from heat. Add to pot chicken, lemon zest, lemon juice and chopped herbs.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve with warm crusty bread and extra lemon wedges (optional).