Soy Sauce Marinated Half Chicken
Prep Time: inutes
Cook Time: inutes
Total Time: inutes
The secret to this restaurant-worthy dish is that you don’t need to be a chef to make it! An Asian-inspired marinade (which would also make a great dipping sauce for teriyaki chicken meatballs) infuses the Bell & Evans Half Chicken with mega-umami flavors, and the heat of the grill lends an enticing char.
- 1 half Bell & Evans Half Chicken
- 1/2 cup Hoisin
- 1 TB Honey
- 1 knob (1/2-inch) Ginger, peeled, finely grated
- 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 TB Soy sauce
- 1 TB Rice vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp Sesame oil
- 2 Green onions, chopped
- In a resealable bag, combine chicken, hoisin, honey, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, vinegar, crushed red pepper and sesame oil. Massage the mixture into chicken to cover completely. Marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes, or refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- Brush excess marinade off chicken, reserving marinade.
- Heat grill to medium heat, and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Grill chicken until dark golden-brown, or until internal temperature reaches 165°F, about 15-20 minutes per side. Allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring reserved marinade to a boil in a small saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring occasionally until sauce thickens, about 5-8 minutes. Serve sauce over chicken and garnish with green onions.
- Tip: Chicken can be cooked in an air-fryer. In step 3, spray inside of air-fryer basket with nonstick cooking spray. Place chicken, breast-side-down in the air-fryer basket. Cook at 360°F until light golden-brown, about 10-15 minutes. Flip chicken over and cook for 10-15 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 165°F. Allow to rest for 10 minutes.