Slow Cooker Pulled Chicken BBQ with Homemade BBQ Sauce
Prep Time: inutes
Cook Time: inutes
Total Time: inutes
Chicken & Rolls
- 8 Bell & Evans boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 8 Kaiser rolls, or buns of your choice
- 4 T Unsalted butter
- 1 Small sweet onion, peeled & finely diced
- 4 Cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ Cup dark brown sugar
- ½ Cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 T Dijon mustard
- 3 T Soy sauce
- ½ Cup Molasses
- 6oz Can tomato paste
- ¾ Cup chicken broth
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- In a medium-sized sauté pan melt butter over low heat. Add onion and garlic. Season with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Sauté until translucent.
- Add remaining ingredients, whisking to incorporate. Simmer 10 minutes until slightly thickened.
- Place chicken in slow cooker and top with BBQ sauce.
- Cook 3-4 hours on high or 6-8 hours on low.
- Shred chicken with two forks... It will be fall-apart tender. After shredding be sure to stir chicken with excess sauce. Re-season with salt & pepper if need be and keep warm until ready to serve.
- Serve on buns with your favorite coleslaw or summer salad.