Slow Cooker Gluten Free Chicken Tamale Bowl
Prep Time: inutes
Cook Time: inutes
Total Time: inutes
This slow-cooker chicken recipe delivers all of the flavors of tamales without the tedious work. Perfectly slow-cooked Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts or Thighs served on top of creamy, cheesy polenta, it is a comforting and satisfying meal.
- 1 Pkg Bell & Evans Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts or Thighs
- 2 TB Chili powder
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 tsp Ground pepper
- 1 Sweet onion, sliced
- 1 Red pepper, sliced
- 2 Cups Red enchilada sauce
- 1 Cup Chicken broth
- 1 (15oz) Can Black beans, drained
- 2 Cups Chicken broth
- 2 Cups Milk
- 1 Cup Polenta
- 4 oz White cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 2 TB Butter
- Queso fresco cheese, crumbled
- Tortilla chips, crushed
- Combine chili powder, cumin, paprika, cayenne, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Season chicken all over with spice mixture.
- Add onions and red pepper to the bottom of slow-cooker. Place chicken on top and cover with enchilada sauce and chicken broth. Cover and cook on high for 3 to 5 hours, or low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Remove chicken from slow-cooker and shred with 2 forks, then return to sauce. Stir in black beans and cover while making polenta.
- Bring chicken broth and milk to a boil in a medium saucepan. Lower the heat to medium and slowly whisk in polenta.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until polenta is thick, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Stir in cheddar cheese and butter, season with salt and pepper.
- Add a serving of polenta to each bowl.
- Top with chicken and peppers.
- Garnish with queso fresco, avocado, cilantro and tortilla chips.