Slow-Cooker Butter Chicken Meatballs
Prep Time: inutes
Cook Time: inutes
Total Time: inutes
Add richly spiced flavor to your weeknight dinner routine with our simple slow-cooker version of a classic Indian dish. For even more spice, try it with our Buffalo Seasoned Chicken Meatballs.
- 2 Packages Bell & Evans Traditional or Buffalo Seasoned Chicken Meatballs
- 1 Small yellow onion, diced
- 4 Cloves garlic, minced
- 1 TB Fresh ginger, minced
- 1 1/2 TB Curry powder
- 1 TB Garam masala
- 1 1/2 tsp Chili powder
- 3/4 tsp Kosher salt
- 6 oz Tomato paste
- 14 oz Tomato sauce
- 2 TB Butter, unsalted, cut into small pieces
- 1/3 Cup heavy cream or full-fat coconut milk
- Fresh cilantro, to taste
- Add onion, ginger, garlic, curry, garam masala, chili powder, salt, and tomato paste to slow-cooker and stir together.
- Lay chicken meatballs on top and cover with tomato sauce. Gently stir to combine. Scatter the butter pieces over the top.
- Cover and cook on high, 2 to 2 1/2 hours, or on low for 4 to 6 hours, until the meatballs are cooked through and reach 165°F on a digital thermometer. The cooking time may vary based on your slow-cooker, so check to ensure the sauce does not dry out. Turn off heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Stir in cream. Enjoy warm over cauliflower rice or with naan, sprinkled with fresh cilantro.