Fabio’s Prosecco-Braised Chicken With Sun-Dried Tomatoes And Leeks
Prep Time: inutes
Cook Time: inutes
Total Time: inutes
Chef Viviani’s recipe is quick, gourmet and easy to make. Crisping the skin on the chicken, sears in the flavor of our new Boneless Skin-on Whole Chicken Legs.
- 2 lbs. Boneless Skin-on Whole Chicken Legs
- 1 Cup flour
- 1 Leek, white and light green parts only, halved and sliced thin
- 4 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 Cup sliced sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 Lemon, sliced
- 1/2 Cup Prosecco
- 1 Cup Chicken broth
- 5 TB Butter
- 2 TB Minced fresh tarragon
- 2 TB Chopped Italian parsley
- Olive oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Drizzle olive oil into a large Dutch oven on medium heat, enough to barely cover the bottom. Dredge chicken in flour on the skin side, then place into oil skin side down.
- Cook chicken on skin side for 1 to 2 minutes, then add the leeks. Cook for 3 minutes more, then flip chicken. Add the garlic and sun-dried tomatoes and season with salt and pepper. Cook for another 2 minutes and add lemon.
- Deglaze with prosecco, then add chicken broth. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Simmer until liquid has almost reduced, about 5 minutes.
- Once reduced, turn heat to low and swirl in the butter to complete the sauce. Add tarragon and parsley and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.