Oven Baked Roman Chicken
Prep Time: inutes
Cook Time: inutes
Total Time: inutes
- 2 T Olive oil
- 2 Bell & Evans bone-in split chicken breasts, skin on*
- 2 Bell & Evans legs and thighs, skin on
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 Sweet onion, peeled & cut into medium sized strips
- 1 Red pepper, seeded & cut into medium sized strips
- 1 Yellow pepper, seeded & cut into medium sized strips
- 1 Orange pepper, seeded & cut into medium sized strips
- 10-12 Cloves of garlic, peeled, leave whole
- Crushed red pepper, to taste
- ½ Cup Dry white wine, such as chardonnay
- ½ Cup Chicken broth
- 4 T Tomato paste
- 1 28oz Can of petite diced tomatoes, drained well
- ½ Cup Kalamata olives, pitted
- NOTE: You can substitute one Bell & Evans 8 Piece Cut Chicken for the chicken parts noted above.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Warm olive oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet. Place chicken skin side down and sauté until golden brown, Approximately 5 minutes. Repeat with other side then remove chicken from pan.
- Add onion, peppers, and garlic to skillet. Season with salt, pepper and crushed red pepper. Sauté until golden brown. Remove from pan.
- Add wine and chicken broth. Simmer and reduce liquid by half.
- Add tomato paste, diced tomatoes and simmer for 5 minutes until slightly thickened.
- Add back to the skillet the sautéed onions, peppers, garlic and black olives.
- Add back to the skillet the sautéed chicken. Arrange slightly submerged into sauce, skin side up.
- Bake uncovered for 45-60 minutes or until thoroughly cooked to an internal temperature of 170°F as measured by a meat thermometer.
- Serve with hot crusty bread for dipping.