One-Pot Ratatouille Chicken Pasta
Ratatouille is a traditional French Provençal stew that includes garden veggies, like tomatoes, eggplant, zucchini, bell peppers and garlic. Here, we combine this comforting dish with pasta and Bell & Evans Boneless, Skinless Chicken Tenders in an easy one-pot recipe, ideal for a satisfying weeknight dinner. Simmering the pasta in the brothy tomato sauce (instead of water) is a kitchen hack that infuses the noodles with delicious flavor and enriches the stew with extra starchiness.
- 4 1/2 cups Bell & Evans Organic Chicken Broth
- 1 pkg Bell & Evans Boneless, Skinless Chicken Tenders, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 TB Olive oil
- 1 tsp Salt, plus more to taste
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper, plus more to taste
- 1/2 small Eggplant cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 medium Red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 small Yellow squash, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 small Zucchini, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 3 cloves Garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/4 tsp Crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 lb Cherry tomatoes, halved
- 12 oz Rigatoni pasta
- 1/4 cup Grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 TB Chopped fresh basil
- Heat oil in a large, wide Dutch-oven over medium heat. Pat the chicken tenders dry with paper towels. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken in Dutch-oven and cook until golden-brown, about 4-5 minutes. Transfer to plate.
- Stir in eggplant, bell pepper, squash, zucchini, garlic and crushed red pepper flakes, and cook, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, pasta and broth, and bring to a boil over high heat. Cook, stirring often, until pasta is fully cooked and liquid has nearly evaporated, about 10-12 minutes.
- Stir in browned chicken tenders 4-5 minutes before pasta is finished cooking.
- Top pasta with Parmesan and basil. Serve and enjoy.