Monica Sechler’s Chicken Meatball Recipe
Prep Time: inutes
Cook Time: inutes
Total Time: inutes
- 1/2 lb. Bell & Evans Ground Chicken Breast Meat
- 1/2 lb. Bell & Evans Ground Chicken Leg Meat
- 1 c. breadcrumbs
- 1 c. grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 1 egg
- 3 or 4 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 3 or 4 TB chopped parsley
- 1 28 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 qt. jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce
- Water to dilute
- Combine all ingredients thoroughly.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill for one hour.
- Use a 2 inch cookie scoop to form meatballs.
- Place meatballs on a parchment-lined cookie sheet or tray.
- Bake meatballs at 350 for 40 minutes or you can simmer in spaghetti sauce as noted below for 20 minutes and turn after the first 10 minutes.
- Bring your red sauce to a simmer and place all 8 meatballs in sauce.
- The sauce will come half-way up the meatballs.
- Simmer for nine minutes and then carefully turn each meatball with a spoon and repeat on other side nine minutes or until your meat thermometer reads 165 degrees.
- Remove meatballs and, presto, that’s it!