Mediterranean Chicken Legs Stuffed with Tomatoes, Spinach, Olives and Goat Cheese
Prep Time: inutes
Cook Time: inutes
Total Time: inutes
Flavorful and festive, this recipe featuring Bell & Evans Boneless Skin-On Chicken Legs will transport your taste buds to exotic, delicious destinations!
- 1 package (4) Bell & Evans Boneless Skin-On Chicken Legs
- 1 cup Fresh spinach leaves, divided
- 1 Ripe tomato, thinly sliced, divided
- 1/2 cup Pitted kalamata olives, chopped, divided
- 4 oz Goat cheese, crumbled, divided
- 1/4 cup Fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 cups Pearl couscous, cooked
- 1TB olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Remove chicken legs from package and discard package.
- Place one chicken leg on a clean work surface, skin side down. Layer 1/4 of spinach leaves, 1/4 of sliced tomato, 1/4 of kalamata olives and then 1/4 of goat cheese to cover the chicken. Roll the chicken leg so that the stuffing is completely encased in the chicken, wrapping the skin around the leg and secure with kitchen string or toothpicks. Repeat with each of the remaining chicken legs.
- Heat a heavy ovenproof skillet on the stove top, over medium-high heat. Brown chicken legs on all sides, about 2 minutes per side.
- Place the skillet in the oven and cook the chicken for 15 minutes longer, until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Toss cooked couscous with olive oil and salt and pepper, to taste. Serve hot chicken with couscous and sprinkle with chopped parsley. Enjoy!