Lemon Thyme Chicken Paillard with Avocado Salad
Prep Time: inutes
Cook Time: inutes
Total Time: inutes
This recipe, with our new Boneless, Skin-on Legs, makes a classic dish so flavorful, fresh and healthy; it might be your new go-to weeknight dinner because it is quick and easy to make, too! Très bien!
Chicken & Marinade
- 1 Pkg Bell & Evans Boneless, Skin On Legs
- 2 Lemons, juiced
- 1 T Lemon zest
- 5 T Olive oil, divided
- 3 Cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp Fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1 Avocado
- 4 C Spring salad mix
- 1/2 C Radish slices (about 4 radishes)
- 1/4 C Fresh parsley, coarsely torn
- 1/4 C Fresh chives, chopped
- 2 tsp White wine vinegar
- Reserve 2 teaspoons of lemon juice for salad, and set aside. To make lemon-thyme marinade, combine remaining lemon juice, lemon zest, 3 tablespoons olive oil, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Lay boneless chicken legs on a work surface, between two pieces of parchment paper, and pound chicken with a meat tenderizer or a rolling pin until about 1/2” thick. Place chicken in a zip-top bag and add lemon-thyme marinade. Marinate for 30 minutes.
- Heat grill or grill pan to medium-high. Gently lay the chicken on the hot grill, leaving about 1” between each piece to ensure that the meat gets a proper char. Leave the chicken untouched for 3 minutes to form a crust, which will help it release from the grill. If the chicken sticks, it hasn’t yet seared. Wait a minute and try again.
- Flip and cook the other side for 3 to 4 minutes, until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F, as measured by a digital meat thermometer.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the reserved lemon juice, 2 tablespoons olive oil, and white wine vinegar in a small bowl.
- Pit, peel and slice the avocado. Place in a medium bowl with the spring mix, radish, parsley and chives. Dress salad with the above mixture and serve alongside the grilled chicken.