Lemon Chicken Piccata Meatballs
Prep Time: inutes
Cook Time: inutes
Total Time: inutes
Chicken Piccata is an Italian staple for good reason: The combo of bracing lemon juice, briny capers and creamy butter is unbeatable. In this tasty recipe, these traditional flavors come together effortlessly as a sauce for Bell & Evans Parmesan Breaded Chicken Meatballs, cooked in an air fryer, and served with spaghetti. As a finished dish, each bite introduces fresh flavors, composed in an unexpected way.
- 1 Pkg Bell & Evans Parmesan Breaded Chicken Meatballs
- 2 TB Unsalted butter
- 1 Shallot, minced
- 2 TB All-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup Low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup Brined capers, drained, rinsed
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 lb Spaghetti
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1/4 cup Fresh parsley, minced
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F. Place the frozen chicken meatballs in a single layer in the air fryer. Cook until fully cooked through, or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F, about 11-12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the shallots and cook until softened, about 1-2 minutes. Stir in the flour and cook, stirring often, about 1 minute. Vigorously whisk in the lemon juice and broth and bring to a simmer. Add the capers and salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce thickens slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to boil over high heat. Cook the spaghetti according to manufacturer's directions; drain.
- Toss the cooked spaghetti in roughly 3/4 cup of sauce to coat. Serve the chicken meatballs over the spaghetti. Pour the remaining sauce over the meatballs and spaghetti, and then garnish with the Parmesan and parsley.