Kung Pao Chicken
Take a break from takeout and try your hand at this fiery Chinese dish! This spicy stir-fry features juicy pieces of Bell & Evans Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts mixed with peppers, chiles and scallions, all tossed in a crave-worthy, sticky-sweet sauce! Serve over rice or a batch of stir-fried Asian greens, like bok choy, for a lower-carb option.
- 1 1/2 lb Bell & Evans Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 TB Soy sauce
- 1 TB Hoisin sauce
- 1 TB Dry sherry or Mirin
- 1 TB Distilled white vinegar
- 2 tsp Cornstarch
- 1 TB Peanut oil
- 1 large Green bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 6 Dried Thai chilies
- 2 Green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup Roasted peanuts
- 4 cups Cooked long-grain white rice, for serving
- Mix soy sauce, hoisin sauce, sherry, vinegar and cornstarch together in small bowl and set aside.
- Heat oil in large skillet or wok over medium-high heat until it just begins to smoke. Add chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden-brown, about 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in bell peppers, chilies and 1 green onion and cook, stirring often, until tender-crisp, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add soy sauce mixture and cook until chicken is fully cooked and sauce thickens, about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in peanuts, and top with remaining green onions. Serve with rice, and enjoy.