Jerk Air-Fry Chicken
Prep Time: inutes
Cook Time: inutes
Total Time: inutes
This recipe is inspired by the tradition of Jamaican jerk, a wildly flavorful spice rub used to enhance proteins — notably chicken. While you can find premade jerk seasoning blends in most grocery stores, making your own is a satisfying kitchen DIY project! Once you’ve concocted this beautifully fragrant spice mix, rub it on a Whole Chicken, allow a nice long time to marinate, and then air-fry for an incredible meal.
- 1 4-5 lb Bell & Evans Whole Chicken
- 8 Green onions, chopped
- 1 Yellow onion, chopped
- 4 Scotch bonnet chilies, seeded, chopped
- 1 2-inch knob Ginger, peeled, chopped
- 5 cloves Garlic, peeled
- 3 TB Minced fresh thyme
- 2 TB Ground all-spice
- 2 TB Soy sauce
- 2 TB Brown sugar
- 2 tsp Kosher salt
- 2 tsp Black pepper
- 1/2 cup Vegetable oil
- 1 TB Apple cider vinegar
- 2 Limes, juiced
- On a rimmed baking sheet, pat chicken dry with paper towels.
- In a food processor or blender, puree remaining ingredients until smooth, about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Rub sauce over chicken, and under skin. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
- Brush the excess sauce off of the chicken. Place the chicken, breast-side-down in the air fryer basket. Cook at 350°F until light golden-brown, about 30 minutes. Flip the chicken over and cook for 30 to 45 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F. Allow the chicken to rest for 10 minutes before serving. Serve and enjoy.