Heart-Shaped Chicken Quesadillas
Prep Time: inutes
Cook Time: inutes
Total Time: inutes
Bring a smile to your sweetheart’s day with charming heart-shaped quesadillas! They’ll love the combination of piquant seasoned Slow-Cooker Tamale Chicken or Chicken Carnitas and luscious melty cheese in this quick, satisfying meal.
- 8 Flour tortillas
- 1 1//2 cups Shredded cheddar, monterey jack, or Mexican-blend cheese
- 1 cup Shredded, cooked chicken (or seasoned chicken, like Slow-Cooker Tamale Chicken or Chicken Carnitas)
- Fresh salsa, to taste
- Sour cream, to taste
- Guacamole, to taste
- Using a large heart-shaped cookie cutter, or a paper template and kitchen shears*, place tortillas on cutting board and cut.
- Top 4 heart-shaped tortillas with shredded cheese. Top with shredded chicken and more cheese. Place remaining heart-shaped tortillas on top.
- On a nonstick skillet or griddle, cook over medium heat, flipping when each side is lightly browned and cheese is melted.
- Serve quesadillas with salsa, sour cream, and/or guacamole.