Green Goddess Chicken Salad
Prep Time: inutes
Cook Time: inutes
Total Time: inutes
Perfect for a light lunch or picnic, our green goddess chicken salad is layered with garden-fresh flavors. Shredded Bell & Evans Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts are mixed with an herb-flecked avocado lemon dressing, crisp lettuce and tender green beans and asparagus for a vibrant, protein-packed meal.
- 2 Bell & Evans Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 8 oz Green beans
- 8 spears Asparagus, ends trimmed, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 3/4 cup Chopped herbs, such as parsley, mint, chives or basil
- 2 Avocados, pitted, peeled and sliced, divided
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- 1 Lemon, juiced and zested
- 2 heads Bib lettuce, leaves separated and torn into 2-inch pieces
- Crispy fried onions, store-bought or homemade, for garnish
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Fill a medium saucepan with water and season heavily with salt. Bring to a boil over high heat. Add green beans and asparagus and cook until tender, about 1-2 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer vegetables to an ice bath; keep pot of water boiling. Let vegetables cool, then drain and transfer to a large serving bowl. Set aside.
- Bring the same pot of water to a simmer over medium heat. Add chicken and poach until internal temperature reaches 165°F as measured by a meat thermometer, about 8-10 minutes. Transfer chicken to a plate and allow to rest for 5 minutes. Using 2 forks, shred into bite-sized pieces. Transfer to serving bowl with vegetables.
- Combine herbs, 1/2 an avocado, olive oil, lemon juice and lemon zest in a blender. Blend until smooth, scraping down the sides as needed, about 30 seconds. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Toss herb mixture, chicken, vegetables and lettuce together until coated. Top with remaining avocado and fried onions.