Gluten Free Crispy Orange Chicken
Prep Time: inutes
Cook Time: inutes
Total Time: inutes
Yes, yes, and Yes! Our crispy Gluten Free Chicken Breast Nuggets coupled with our own sweet and spicy orange sauce. Serve as a traditional entrée or skewer with extra dipping sauce for your next party appetizer.
- Vegetable oil for frying chicken
- 2 Boxes Gluten–free Bell & Evans Breaded Chicken Breast Nuggets
- 4 T Unsalted Butter
- 4 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1-2 T Fresh Ginger Root, grated or finely minced
- ¼ tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes, or to taste
- 2 Cups Orange Juice
- 1 Orange, zest only
- ¼ Cup + 1 T Granulated Sugar
- 2 tsp Sriracha Hot Sauce, or to taste
- 2 tsp Soy Sauce
- 2 tsp Cornstarch & 1 T Water (mixed together)
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp Toasted Sesame Seeds
- 2 sprigs Green Onions, green part only, thinly sliced
- 1 Red Fresno Chili Pepper, thinly sliced into rounds
- Steamed Rice
- In a large skillet heat oil (1/8” deep) over medium heat until it reaches 350°F. Carefully add chicken nuggets to hot oil and cook approximately 10 minutes, turning a few times until each piece is evenly golden brown. Fully cook to an internal temperature of 170°F as measured by a meat thermometer. Remove chicken from the oil and transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Make the Sauce: Melt 2 T unsalted butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic, ginger & crushed red pepper flakes. Sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute
- Add orange juice, orange zest & sugar. Bring to a simmer and reduce until Slightly thickened, about 5 minutes
- Add sriracha hot sauce, soy sauce and corn starch/water mixture…Stirring well to incorporate. Simmer sauce until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Finish sauce with 2 T unsalted butter and sesame oil. Gently stir until butter has melted. Season with salt & pepper, to taste.
- Toss chicken and sauce in a medium mixing bowl. Stir well until chicken is fully coated. *NOTE: No need to use all of the sauce. Use less if you prefer the dish to be less saucy.
- Garnish with toasted sesame seeds and green onions.
- Serve with steamed rice.