Gluten Free Crispy Chicken with Cheddar Cornbread Waffles
Prep Time: inutes
Cook Time: inutes
Total Time: inutes
A classic American dish is now gluten-free, and it’s easy to make at home! Everyone will love this crowd-pleasing recipe for GF Crispy Chicken with Cheddar Cornbread Waffles, perfect for an after school snack or as a party appetizer.
- 1 (12-ounce) package Bell & Evans Gluten-Free Breaded Chicken Tenders
- 2 cups organic, non-GMO cornmeal
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 jalapeño pepper, minced, seeds removed (optional)
- 1/4 cup + 1 TB unsalted butter, melted, divided
- 2 TB honey (plus more for serving)
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 TB snipped chives
- Preheat oven to 375°. Spread frozen chicken tenders on a baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes. (For safety, chicken must be cooked to an internal temperature of 165°F as measured by the use of a meat thermometer. Cooking times may vary.)
- Meanwhile, preheat your waffle maker. In a large bowl, mix together the cornmeal, baking powder, salt, cheddar cheese, and jalapeño. In a separate medium-size bowl, whisk together 1/4 cup melted butter, honey, eggs, and buttermilk.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir until just incorporated. Brush the waffle iron with the remaining (1 tablespoon) butter. Ladle about 1/2 cup of the batter into the waffle mold and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until golden. Repeat, with remaining batter.
- Cut waffles into quarters and serve hot with chicken tenders, drizzled with honey and sprinkled with chives. Enjoy!