Gluten-Free Chicken Fajita Burgers
This Gluten-Free Chicken Fajita Burgers recipe that is a marriage of fajitas and burgers. In this case, chicken burgers. You’ll love how easy this recipe is and how filling and satisfying it is!
“For the chicken burgers, I used Bell & Evans Chicken Burgers. I really love these burgers. You cook them frozen, and you can cook them on the grill or in a skillet. They don’t have any fillers, yet they don’t fall apart like other chicken burgers. Plus, they are ready in just 10-15 minutes.” Gluten Free & More Magazine
- 4 Bell & Evans Chicken Burgers
- 4 tsp Fajita seasoning
- 4 slices pepper jack cheese
- 1 TB Olive oil
- 1 Red bell pepper, seeded, deveined, and thinly sliced
- 1 Green bell pepper, seeded, deveined, and thinly sliced
- ½ Red onion, thinly sliced
- Kosher or fine sea salt
- Black pepper
- 2 Avocados
- Juice of 1 Lime
- 4 gluten-free hamburger buns
- Sprinkle both sides of the burgers with fajita seasoning and cook according to the package directions. During the last minute of cooking, top each burger with a slice of cheese, cover the burgers, and cook until the cheese has melted.
- While the burgers are cooking, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the peppers and onion. Season with a large pinch of salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are softened and beginning to brown, about 8 minutes.
- Smash the avocados with lime juice and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spread avocado on both sides of the hamburger buns, add the burger, and top with vegetables.