Farmhouse Chicken Sandwich
Prep Time: inutes
Cook Time: inutes
Total Time: inutes
This ultimate farmhouse sandwich is bursting with flavor. It’s stacked mile high with a perfectly fried buttermilk and pickle juice brined Bell & Evans Boneless Skinless Chicken Thigh, crispy bacon, all the trimmings and finished with a fried egg. One bite into this sandwich will have your taste buds exploding!
- 4 Bell & Evans Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- 1 cup Dill pickle juice
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt, divided
- 1 cup All-purpose flour
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- Canola oil, for frying
- 4 Hamburger buns, toasted
- 2 cups Shredded Iceberg lettuce
- 1/2 Small Red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Beefsteak tomato, sliced thick
- 4 Slices Provolone cheese
- 8 Slices Bacon, crisp-cooked
- 4 Eggs, fried
- Whisk together buttermilk, pickle juice and 1 teaspoon salt in a medium bowl. Add the chicken thighs and mix to combine. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or up to 12 hours.
- Place a wire rack in a rimmed baking sheet. Whisk together flour, garlic powder, paprika and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt in a medium bowl. Working with one chicken thigh at a time, remove chicken from brine, allowing excess mixture to drip back into the bowl, and transfer to the flour mixture to completely coat. Transfer to wire rack.
- Fill a Dutch oven with 2 inches of oil and heat to 350°F over medium-high heat.
- Carefully add 2 pieces of chicken to the hot oil and fry for 8-10 minutes, flipping halfway through, until golden brown and the internal temperature reaches 165°F. Line the wire rack with paper towels and transfer cooked chicken to drain. Repeat frying process with remaining chicken.
- Evenly divide lettuce between each bottom bun and top with red onion slices and a slice of tomato. Layer a fried chicken thigh over each tomato slice.
- Top each chicken thigh with a slice of cheese, two slices of bacon and one fried egg. Finish with top buns.