Creamy French Onion Chicken
Prep Time: inutes
Cook Time: inutes
Total Time: inutes
This one skillet meal begins with flavorful caramelized onions and our Bell & Evans Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs. For the big finish crispy bacon, croutons and melted gruyere cheese. It’s a cheesy meal for the whole family to enjoy!
- 1 lb. Bell & Evans Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 2 TB Butter
- 1 Large Yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Freshly ground pepper
- 1 TB Chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tsp Dried oregano
- 1 cup Beef broth
- 6 Slices Bacon, crisp-cooked and chopped
- 1 cup Croutons
- 1 1/2 cups Shredded gruyere cheese
- Chopped fresh chives, for garnish
- Melt the butter in a large cast iron skillet. Add the onions and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 20-25 minutes, stirring frequently, until the onions are caramelized.
- Once the onions are caramelized, add the chicken, thyme, oregano, and beef broth to the skillet and mix to combine.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Cook for 10-15 until the chicken is cooked through.
- Sprinkle the chopped bacon, croutons and gruyere cheese over the mixture. Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes until the cheese is melted. Garnish with chopped chives.
after printing out this recipe, I realized that there are a couple of mistakes that you will want to address. # 1 & 2 in the preparation section are the same. also, “then mixed in with potatoes and herbs” Potatoes are not included in the list of ingredients nor in the preparation process.
looking forward to making this dish tonight. it looks great and creative.
Patrick, thank you! We’ve made the corrections.
This looks so good !!! Can’t wait to make it !
I made this with 3 large candy onions and did not add croutons. It was amazing. Takes a while to properly carmelize the onions, but it’s worth it!
I would use mild cheddar cheese n otha seasoning, as I am diabetic, change a few thing’s to accommodate diet, but Thank’s 🙏👁️👁️