Creamy French Onion Chicken
This one skillet meal begins with flavorful caramelized onions and our Bell & Evans Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs. For the big finish crispy bacon, croutons and melted gruyere cheese. It’s a cheesy meal for the whole family to enjoy!
- 1 lb. Bell & Evans Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 2 TB Butter
- 1 Large Yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Freshly ground pepper
- 1 TB Chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tsp Dried oregano
- 1 cup Beef broth
- 6 Slices Bacon, crisp-cooked and chopped
- 1 cup Croutons
- 1 1/2 cups Shredded gruyere cheese
- Chopped fresh chives, for garnish
- Melt the butter in a large cast iron skillet. Add the onions and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 20-25 minutes, stirring frequently, until the onions are caramelized.
- Once the onions are caramelized, add the chicken, thyme, oregano, and beef broth to the skillet and mix to combine.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Cook for 10-15 until the chicken is cooked through.
- Sprinkle the chopped bacon, croutons and gruyere cheese over the mixture. Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes until the cheese is melted. Garnish with chopped chives.