Cranberry Sage Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Prep Time: inutes
Cook Time: inutes
Total Time: inutes
A trifecta of flavor! Tart, sweet and savory bread stuffing with a touch of creamy goat cheese, perfectly baked in our boneless, skinless breast. A hearty and satisfying dish great for small family dinners or large get-togethers!
- 4 Bell & Evans Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1/4 Cup unsalted butter
- 1 Small Yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 Stalk Celery, finely chopped
- 2 Cups Unseasoned cubed stuffing
- 1 Granny Smith apple, diced
- 1 Cup Fresh cranberries
- 1 Cloves garlic, minced
- 1 T Fresh sage, finely chopped
- 1 T Fresh thyme, minced
- 1 T Fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 Cup Chicken broth, plus more as needed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 oz. Goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 T Olive oil
- 1/4 Cup Unsalted butter
- 1/4 Cup All-purpose flour
- 2 Cups Low-sodium chicken broth
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Lay chicken breast on work surface and use sharp knife to cut a deep pocket in the side of each.
- Melt butter in a large, oven safe skillet over medium high heat. Add onion and celery and saute until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine stuffing, apple, cranberries, cooked onion and celery, garlic and fresh herbs. Stir in chicken broth and season with salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle in goat cheese and stir until evenly distributed.
- Divide stuffing mixture evenly among each chicken breast, stuffing prepared pocket until full. Secure chicken breasts with two pieces of kitchen twine. Season outside of chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in same skillet over medium heat. Place stuffed chicken breasts in oil and sear until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Turn breasts over, and transfer skillet to oven. Cook chicken 25-30 minutes, until internal temperature reaches 165ºF.
- Remove chicken from oven and transfer to plate to rest. Melt butter in same skillet over medium-high heat. Add flour and stir until paste forms and turns golden brown. Slowly whisk in chicken broth and continue to whisk until thickened, being sure to scrape up any browned bits from chicken. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve gravy over stuffed chicken breasts and garnish with fresh herbs.