Corn Dog Mini Muffins
Back-to-school time means you can’t have too many snacks on hand for your star students! These corn dog mini-muffins, with Uncured Organic Chicken Franks — preservative-free and additive-free — baked into golden cornbread, make the perfect after-school nosh.
Bonus: Pack up leftovers for lunch the next day.
- 8 Bell & Evans Uncured Organic Chicken Franks cut into 4 equal pieces
- 3/4 cup All-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup Whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup Finely ground cornmeal
- 1/4 cup Granulated sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 TB Baking powder
- 1 1/4 cups Milk
- 2 Large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup Light olive oil
- 3 TB Butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray mini-muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flours, cornmeal, sugar, salt, and baking powder. Make a well in the middle and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, oil, and butter. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir until just mixed.
- Fill mini-muffin cups half-full with batter and insert one piece of chicken frank into the center of each one.
- Bake for 12 minutes, or until muffins start to turn golden on the edges. Cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then turn out to cool on a wire rack or dish towel.
- Serve warm with your favorite dipping sauces.