Chicken Oysters with Penne in Lemon Rosemary Sauce
Chicken breast is often the go-to in pasta recipes, but chicken oysters are actually the perfect accompaniment to this rustic dish. These small cuts of dark meat are so tender and flavorful, adding a layer of savory complexity to the aromatic cream sauce, enlivened with fresh rosemary and bright citrus.
- 6 - 8 Bell & Evans Chicken Oysters
- 4 oz. Penne pasta
- 1 TB Olive oil
- 5 oz. Baby portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Shallot, chopped finely
- 1/2 cup Dry white wine or chicken stock
- 1 cup Heavy cream
- 2 TB Fresh lemon juice
- 1 TB Lemon zest
- 1 TB Fresh rosemary, chopped
- Kosher salt and ground pepper, to taste
- Cook penne according to package instructions, drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet on medium-high, heat olive oil. Add chicken oysters and saute for 3 minutes on each side. Drain excess fat from the pan, then return the chicken oysters to the heat.
- Add mushrooms and shallot to pan and cook, stirring occasionally, 3 to 4 minutes. When chicken and mushrooms are browned, add wine or stock and deglaze pan. Bring to a boil.
- Add cream, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon for about 8 to 10 minutes, until the sauce has thickened.