Chicken Nugget BBQ Mac and Cheese
Prep Time: inutes
Cook Time: inutes
Total Time: inutes
Every kid loves Bell & Evans Chicken Nuggets and Mac & Cheese… then every kid will LOVE Bell & Evans Chicken Nugget BBQ Mac & Cheese!
Mac & Cheese
- 3 TB Salted butter
- 1 TB Flour
- 1 1/2 cups Whole milk
- 2 cups Shredded Sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup Shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup Shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Onion powder
- 3/4 tsp Ground mustard
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 TB Brown sugar
- 1 TB Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 TB Salt
- 2 tsp Black pepper
- 2 cups Uncooked large elbow noodles
- 2 TB Butter
- 1 cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- Prepare Chicken Nuggets according to package directions.
- Cook pasta elbows, drain and reserve.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Make cheese mixture by melting the butter in a medium sauce pot and then whisk in the flour, cook over medium heat for about 2 minutes while whisking the whole time
- Add whole milk ½ cup at a time, continuing to whisk until incorporated.
- Mix in all dry spices and whisk until mixture has thickened.
- Add shredded cheeses and mix until all cheese has melted.
- Add cooked elbows to the cheese mixture and thoroughly.
- Pour macaroni and cheese mixture in to a 9x9 baking dish.
- Melt your remaining 2T of butter in a small/medium sauté pan and add panko crumbs until they are evenly coated with butter. Spread them evenly over the macaroni and cheese mixture in the baking dish.
- Place uncovered dish into your preheated oven and bake until crumbs are a golden brown and the cheese is bubbling on the sides.
- Remove from oven and let stand about 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve Chicken Nuggets with a healthy spoonful of Mac & Cheese.