Chicken Liver Pâté
Prep Time: inutes
Cook Time: inutes
Total Time: inutes
Our super simple take on a classic French spread, this Chicken Pâté recipe will not disappoint. 100% Air Chilled Bell & Evans Chicken Livers cooked and blended smooth with shallots, savory spices and a smidge of apple brandy. Add a smattering of currants for texture and…Voila! The perfect party starter!
- 1 lb. 100% Air Chilled Bell & Evans Chicken Livers
- 2 Small Celery stalks with leaves
- ½ tsp Black peppercorns
- 6 Cups Water
- 1 tsp Sea salt
- ½ lb (2 sticks) Unsalted butter
- 2 tsp Dry mustard
- ½ tsp Grated nutmeg
- ¼ tsp Ground cloves
- ¼ Cup Chopped shallots
- ¼ Cup Apple brandy or cider
- ½ Cup Dried currants
- Buttered, toasted baguette slices
- Pickled red onion and green grapes
- Add celery, peppercorns, and salt to 6 cups water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add chicken livers to the pot and simmer gently for about 10 minutes; livers should be pink inside.
- Remove the livers with a slotted spoon and add to a food processor; discard the celery, peppercorns and water.
- Add the butter, spices, shallots and brandy or cider. Process until blended and very smooth.
- Scrape liver mixture to a medium mixing bowl and stir in currants, then transfer to a 3 to 4 cup serving crock, smoothing the top.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours. Allow to stand for 30 minutes before serving.
- Spread pâté on toasted baguette. top with pickled red onions and green grapes, if desired.
Delicious. Didn’t have current so I used chopped tart dried cherries