Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Prep Time: inutes
Cook Time: inutes
Total Time: inutes
Super fresh and super simple! Here’s our take on chicken lettuce wraps done right. Great as an appetizer or quick weekday meal, there are sure to add a little spice.
- 3-4 T Coconut Oil
- ½ Vidalia Onion, finely diced
- 4 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1-2 Fresno red chile peppers, seeds removed, finely minced
- 1 lb. Bell & Evans Ground Chicken Breast
- 1 ½ T Fish Sauce
- 1 ½ T Sriracha Hot Sauce
- 1 Lime, juiced
- ½ Cup Roasted Cashews, roughly chopped
- 8 oz Can Water Chestnuts, drained & roughly chopped
- 1 Bunch Scallions, green part only, roughly chopped
- Handful of fresh Cilantro, roughly chopped
- Handful of flat leaf Parsley, roughly chopped
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- 2 Heads Bibb Lettuce, separate leaves, using small- medium sized leaves
- 2-3 Carrots, peeled & julienned
- 1-2 Cups Purple Cabbage, finely shredded
- Soy sauce
- In a large sauté pan heat coconut oil over medium heat. Add onions and cook until golden brown.
- Add garlic, red chiles and ground chicken. Season with salt & pepper, to taste.
- Sauté and chop chicken to break into small pieces and cook for 5-10 minutes to an internal of 170°F as measured by a meat thermometer.
- Remove from heat. Stir in fish sauce, sriracha and lime juice.
- Add cashews, water chestnuts, scallions, cilantro and parsley. Stir to combine.
- Re-season with salt & pepper if needed.
- Arrange Bibb Lettuce leaves on serving plate and layer with carrots and purple cabbage.
- Top with warm cooked ground chicken and soy sauce on the side.