Cheesy Keto Chicken Cordon Bleu
Sticking to a keto diet is no problem when you’ve got plenty of tempting recipes to choose from! This flavor-packed entrée takes its cues from the traditional French dish, Cordon Bleu, which translates to “blue ribbon” in English. Bell & Evans Boneless, Skinless Organic Chicken Breasts are gently pounded to flatten them, and then stuffed with Swiss cheese and ham, then battered and fried to gooey, cheesy perfection.
- 1 Pkg Bell & Evans Organic Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 8 slices Swiss cheese
- 8 slices Black forest ham
- 2 cups Almond flour, divided
- 3 large Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup Grated Parmesan cheese
- Avocado oil, for pan frying
- 1 (4-oz) bag Spring mix
- 1 cup Cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 Red onion, sliced thin
- 1 medium Carrot, cut into 1/8-inch matchsticks
- Balsamic vinaigrette, for serving
- For chicken: Lay chicken breasts on work surface between 2 pieces of parchment paper. Pound with a meat tenderizer or rolling pin until 1/2-inch thick. Repeat with remaining breasts.
- Place 2 slices of Swiss cheese and 2 slices of ham on each breast. Roll breast up widthwise and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate until firm enough to work with, about 30 minutes.
- Add 1 cup almond flour and eggs to 2 separate bowls. Combine remaining almond flour and Parmesan in a shallow bowl. Dredge breasts in almond flour, eggs then Parmesan mixture, shaking off excess.
- Heat 1-inch of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until it reaches 325°F. Working in batches, fry breasts, flipping occasionally, until golden-brown or until internal temperature reaches 165°F, about 8-10 minutes.
- For salad: Meanwhile toss spring mix, tomatoes, red onion, carrot and balsamic vinaigrette together until coated. Slice chicken and serve with salad.