Bell & Evans Nuggets with Cheesy Mac
Prep Time: inutes
Cook Time: inutes
Total Time: inutes
What could be better than combining your kids two favorites into one dish?
- 1 box Bell & Evans chicken nuggets
- 8 Tbs butter
- 1/2 Cup flour
- 4 Cups whole milk
- 1 lb. sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 lb. small elbow macaroni
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Bake according to package directions. Cut nuggets in half. Set aside.
- Cook macaroni in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite. Drain. Transfer to very large bowl.
- Melt 6 Tbs butter in same large pot over medium heat. Add Flour. Stir 2 minutes.
- Gradually whisk in milk. Bring to a boil, whisking constantly. Reduce heat and simmer sauce 2 minutes.
- Add all cheeses, salt and pepper. Whisk until cheese melts and sauce is smooth, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Mix cheese sauce into macaroni. Mix in chicken pieces. Mound mixture in a 13 x 9 x 2 glass baking dish.