BBQ Chicken Nachos
Prep Time: inutes
Cook Time: inutes
Total Time: inutes
What better way to use your left-over Bell & Evans Slow Cooker Pulled BBQ Chicken than coupling it with crunchy tortillas and creamy cheese sauce. We added our favorite nacho toppings and ¡Olé! Instant party on a plate!
- 2 T Unsalted butter
- 2 T All-purpose flour
- 1 Can evaporated milk (12 fl oz.)
- 1 Cup whole milk
- 1 Cup light cream
- 4 oz. Sharp Provolone cheese, shredded
- 4 oz. Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 8 oz. Sharp Yellow Cheddar cheese, shredded
- ½ tsp Onion powder
- ¼ tsp Ground mustard
- Pinch, nutmeg
- Pinch, cayenne pepper
- Pinch, black pepper
- Salt, to taste
- Tortilla chips
- Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Jalapenos, seeds removed, thinly sliced
- Red bell pepper, seeds removed, small diced
- Tomato, small diced
- Green onion, thinly sliced
- Cilantro, roughly chopped
- In a large sauce pan melt butter. Add flour & cook the ‘roux’ over medium heat for 2 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Add evaporated milk, whole milk and light cream. Bring to a simmer whisking constantly until smooth & creamy.
- Add remaining ingredients, whisking to incorporate. Simmer 10 minutes until slightly thickened.
- Turn off heat. Add cheese & spices. Stir until completely melted. Add cooked elbow pasta.
- Blend with sauce and season with salt to taste.
- Cover and keep warm or reheat when nuggets are fully baked.
- NOTE: Add a splash of milk if need be to adjust desired consistency.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment and place a layer of tortilla chips.
- Top with shredded cheddar cheese, jalapenos and red bell pepper.
- Bake until cheese is melted and golden brown, approximately 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Top with cheese sauce, tomato, green onion and cilantro.
- Serve with our Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken (on top or on the side).