Barbecue Pulled Chicken Sliders
Looking for a fantastic dish that can feed a crowd — no oven required? Look no further than this easygoing recipe that uses a slow cooker to transform our hand-trimmed Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts into savory, juicy pulled chicken, infused with the flavors of a summertime barbecue.
- 1 Pkg Bell & Evans Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 Red onion, minced
- 1 TB minced Garlic
- 5 oz Tomato paste
- 2 TB Light or dark brown sugar
- 1 TB Cider vinegar
- 1 TB Yellow mustard
- 1 TB Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp Chili powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup Chicken stock or water
- 24 Slider buns
- 24 Patriotic picks*
- Add minced onion, garlic, tomato paste, brown sugar, vinegar, mustard, Worcestershire and spices to a slow cooker. Stir together into a thick paste.
- Add chicken breasts and toss to coat in the sauce.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on HIGH setting for 2-3 hours, or 4-6 hours on LOW. The chicken is ready to shred when you can easily pull it apart using two forks, or when it registers 165°F on a meat thermometer.
- Remove the chicken from the cooker and allow to cool slightly on a cutting board or platter. Use two forks to shred the chicken.
- Return the shredded chicken to the slow cooker and add water or chicken stock. Stir until chicken and sauce are thoroughly combined.
- Assemble the pulled chicken sliders by portioning chicken onto slider buns and securing lids with a patriotic pick.*
- *Note: *Use store-bought patriotic picks, or craft your own with the kids while the chicken is cooking, using craft paper, colored pencils or stickers, glue and toothpicks.