The best of the best. Our organic turkeys are juicy and flavorful with 20% more breast meat. Fed an all-vegetable diet of organic grains, they are free to roam and roost. Available seasonally.
- Remove giblets and neck from body and neck cavities and rinse turkey thoroughly in cool water.
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Season turkey as desired.
- Place tent of aluminum foil over turkey and place in the oven.
- Roast for approximately 15 minutes per pound.
- Approximately 1 hour before turkey is scheduled to be done, remove foil and allow turkey to brown.
|ESTIMATED ROASTING TIMES – ROASTING AT 325°F|
|8 – 12 lbs||2 – 3 hours|
|12 – 16 lbs||3 – 4 hours|
|16 – 20 lbs||4 – 5 hours|
|20 – 24 lbs||5 – 6 hours|
|+ add 1/2 hour for stuffed turkey|
Do not stuff turkey until you are ready to place it in the oven. Stuff the turkey loosely. Be sure all meat products in the stuffing are thoroughly cooked before placing in the turkey.
HELPFUL HINTS – CARVING
After removing the turkey from the oven, allow it to rest for at least 20-30 minutes before carving. Not only will the meat slice much easier, but this time will permit the juices to be absorbed evenly, resulting in a tender, more tasty turkey.
We highly recommend the use of both oven and meat thermometers! Insert the meat thermometer into the breast of the turkey, NOT TOUCHING THE BONE. A reading of 173° F indicates the turkey is done.
Due to possible variance in oven temperatures, we strongly recommend that all ovens be checked for accuracy at least every six months. The average household oven may vary as much as 100°F.