Coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to have an impact on our communities and retail food supply nationwide. As a food processor and essential life-sustaining business, Bell & Evans will continue to operate and supply its partners with premium poultry products.
Bell & Evans’ good manufacturing practices (GMPs) exceed recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Bell & Evans also continues to implement CDC recommendations for controlling the spread of COVID-19. These measures include but are not limited to:
- Suspending team member travel
- Restricting visitors to our facilities
- Suspending inter-facility travel among team members
- Restricting in person meetings
- Increasing sanitation of facilities including production, common areas and office spaces
- Educating team members about the symptoms of COVID-19 and where to get tested
- Encouraging sick team members to stay home until cleared by a medical professional to return to work
- Encouraging team members to follow CDC recommendations outside of work
Per the U.S. Food & Drug Administration website, there is no evidence of food or food packaging being associated with transmission of COVID-19. COVID-19 is a virus thought to be spread mainly from person-to-person. For more information on food safety and coronavirus, visit https://www.fda.gov/food/food-safety-during-emergencies/food-safety-and-coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19.
For more information on Coronavirus (COVID-19), visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/.