Bell & Evans continues to protect against the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) at its facilities, having no new confirmed cases of the virus for several consecutive weeks. In addition, the majority of team members who were absent due to illness or caution have returned to work. While we realize the virus threat still exists, we thank our team members for their diligence in following CDC recommendations both while at our facilities and outside of work. From the onset of COVID, Bell & Evans has followed, exceeded and adapted to all recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). In addition, we continue to stress the importance of personal measures like thorough hand washing, social distancing and wearing masks for controlling the spread of the virus outside of the workplace.
Moving forward, Bell & Evans will continue to follow CDC recommendations and use common sense in determining how quickly and to what extent we return to our baseline Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) which already exceeded CDC recommendations before the onset of the virus.
Today, our additional measures continue to include:
- Permanent dividers installed between Team Members where social distancing guidelines were not practical.
- Provided additional PPE to team members, including face masks and shields.
- Face masks are required PPE for all personnel while on company property.
- Face shields are required PPE, in addition to face masks, where physical barriers could not be installed to support social distancing guidelines.
- Partnering with our on-site medical provider to conduct symptom screening for personnel entering our facilities. All personnel are required to be temperature screened upon entry of the facility.
- Placed markings on floors in common areas to support the distancing guidelines.
- Implementing symptom screening for all potential team members during the interviewing process.
- Restructuring of internal schedule to reduce social interaction.
- Suspending team member travel.
- Restricting visitors to our facilities.
- Requiring mandatory completion of COVID-19 training for management, including identifying symptoms and knowing how to aid and direct team members with symptoms.
- Daily deep cleaning of facilities including production, common areas and office spaces.
- Requiring sick team members to stay home until cleared by a medical professional to return to work.
- Paid sick leave for team members directly impacted.
- Access to onsite and offsite Bell & Evans wellness clinics to answer and address concerns.
- Posting of all guidelines in English and Spanish
- Encouraging team members to follow CDC recommendations outside of work.
Per the U.S. Food & Drug Administration website, there is no evidence of food or food packaging being associated with transmission of COVID-19. COVID-19 is a virus thought to be spread mainly from person-to-person. For more information on food safety and coronavirus, visit https://www.fda.gov/food/food-safety-during-emergencies/food-safety-and-coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19.
For more information on Coronavirus (COVID-19), visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/