SLOW INDUCTION ANESTHESIA (SIA)
Getting it right... like no other facility in the world
Chickens are rendered unconscious, slowly in the safety of the SIA drawers that are used to transport them from the farm.
- Birds enter SIA tunnel in their drawers
- The tunnel provides the birds with the benefit of slow induction anesthesia no water bath stunning.
- SIA process lasts 6-7 minutes; birds get drowsy and fall asleep
- While still asleep, the birds are placed in line for processing... without stress, pain, fear or suffering
- Our birds are never suffocated
- Stressful events associated with processing are eliminated
CHICKENS ARE CAUGHT QUIETLY, METHODICALLY
- Gently placed in drawers, that are an integral part of Bell & Evans’ Slow Induction Anesthesia (SIA) process
- Safely secured before drawers are closed
- Humane live transport - never dumped