SLOW INDUCTION ANESTHESIA (SIA)
Getting it right... like no other facility in the world
Chickens are rendered unconscious, slowly, in the safety of the SIA drawers that are used to transport them from the farm. This means less handling and less stress.
CHICKENS ARE CAUGHT QUIETLY, METHODICALLY
- Gently placed in drawers that are an integral part of Bell & Evans’ Slow Induction Anesthesia (SIA) process.
- Safely secured before drawers are closed.
- Humane live transport from the farms.
- Upon arrival in Fredericksburg, the birds are placed in a temperature controlled calming barn.
OUR CALMING BARN ALLOWS THE CHICKENS TO UNWIND FROM THE JOURNEY FROM THE FARM
- NO DUMP SYSTEM means our chickens are NEVER dumped onto conveyors. They remain in the safety of their drawers through the entire process.
- Birds enter SIA tunnel in their drawers.
- The tunnel provides the birds with the benefit of slow induction anesthesia no water bath stunning.
- While still asleep, the birds are placed in line for processing... without stress, pain, fear or suffering.
- Our birds are never suffocated!
- Stressful events associated with processing are eliminated.