SLOW INDUCTION ANESTHESIA (SIA)
Getting it right... like no other facility in the world
- Chickens are rendered unconscious, slowly in the safety of the SIA drawers that are used to transport them from the farm.
- Birds enter SIA tunnel in their drawers
- The tunnel provides the birds with the benefit of slow induction anesthesia no water bath stunning.
- SIA process lasts 6-7 minutes; birds get drowsy and fall asleep
- While still asleep, the birds are placed in line for processing... without stress, pain, fear or suffering
- Our birds are never suffocated
- Stressful events associated with processing are eliminated
CHICKENS ARE CAUGHT QUIETLY, METHODICALLY
- Gently placed in drawers, that are an integral part of Bell & Evans’ Slow Induction Anesthesia (SIA) process
- Safely secured before drawers are closed
- Humane live transport - never dumped